Our geotechnics team consists of highly experienced engineers and geologists, with access to a dedicated geotechnics laboratory. Their core competencies include ground surveys, foundation recommendations, and the conceptual planning of structural support measures.
All of the tests needed for soil classification are carried out in our own lab. Among these are compression and sheer tests, permeability tests and in-situ tests in specially equipped field labs.
Our expertise in the fields of geotechnics, geohydrology and dredging is also confirmed by our accreditation as building site expert in the offshore segment, in compliance with BSH (Federal Marine and Hydrographic Agency) standards.
Preparation of jacking forecasts for the large jack-up ships in the wind industry is another competency in the offshore segment offered by our geotechnicians. The soil deformation and penetration properties of the ship legs into the subsoil are investigated at sea or in the harbour.
In the area of sewage, innovative pipe-ramming technology is used for expert exploration of the subsoil situation for sewers.
The planning of land reclamation measures and shore nourishment are special issues supplemented by the areas of engineering geology and hydrogeology, with the special fields of sediment assessment and removal, morphodynamics and investigation of unexploded ordnance.
We work in the following branches of geotechnics:
- Foundation engineering and geotechnics
- Subsoil assessment
- Foundation work advisory services
- Foundation pit planning
- Analyses of soil load-bearing capacity
- Settlement analyses
- Marine geotechnics
- Special underground construction
- Tunnelling and pipe ramming
- Calculation and modelling (FEM)
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Measurement technology in foundation engineering
- BSH expert for geotechnics
- Engineering geology and hydrogeology
- Morphodynamics and cratering
- Near-surface geothermal energy
- Investigation of unexploded ordnance
- Planning and support for boring
- Monitoring and surveillance of boring works
- Hydrogeological models
- Monitoring concepts
- Quaternary soft-ground exploration
- Landfill planning and surveillance
- Geotechnics lab
- Soil mechanics testing
- Field tests
- Quality assurance
- Sediment management and soil conditioning
- Recycling and treatment of excavated rock and soil
- Expert reports for dredges
- Land reclamation and raising measures
Your contact for geotechnics:
- Oliver Jost
- Head of Geotechnics and Offshore Wind Departments
- Dr. Hartmut Tworuschka
- Managing Director