Selected project examples
Drainage Master Plan Altenburg, Germany
The drainage master plan of the town of Altenburg is updated annually. This implies regularly performed updates such as the interpretation of TV inspection results using GIPS-OI and cost estimates for modernisation and rehabilitation measures. Additional updates are performed in case of new development measures and hydrodynamic sewer calculations for the connection of the affected areas to the sewer system.
At 5- to 6-year intervals the master plan is updated in its entirety. This involves updating all data on the sewer network, population, areas and present industries. Based on these, network and pollution load calculations are performed for the actual and the target state.
- Data collection and analysis
- Hydraulic investigations
- Preliminary design
- Detailed engineering design
- Population: 34,000 plus other municipalities connected to the wastewater treatment plant and sewer system of Altenburg
- Industrial and commercial polluters: 46,500 p.e.
- Catchment area: 907 ha
- Combined and separate sewer systems
- Existing sewer network: 158.3 km, DN 100 – DN 3,000
ClientWABA Wasserversorgungs- und Abwasserentsorgungsbetrieb Altenburg
(WABA water supply and sewage disposal plant Altenburg)