Selected project examples
Cost Reduction Potentials in Offshore Wind Power in Germany
The German Offshore Wind Energy Foundation, Berlin, in collaboration with the steering committee Offshore Windenergie of the German Engineering Federation (VDMA) charged Fichtner Water & Transportation with a study to determine cost reduction potentials for offshore wind energy in a number of scenarios. This is a follow-up of the "Offshore Wind Cost Reduction Pathways Study" of the British Crown Estate and applies the specified results to the conditions in Germany to determine cost reduction potentials for German Offshore wind farms until the year 2023.
- Technical evaluation of current and future offshore wind concepts of the offshore industry
- Technical and economic evaluation of offshore wind farm components and concepts
- Calculation of the energy production for different scenarios
- Evaluation of current and future operation and maintenance concepts
- Preparation of the study and strategy recommendation